Earth Day is this Saturday, April 22, and celebrating this worldwide holiday means doing some good for our planet. Here are a few fun ideas for ways to celebrate Earth Day near Dahlgren.
- Forget the car! Instead, take public transportation, ride your bike or even walk to get where you need to go.
- Volunteer your time picking up trash on a local highway, plant trees with a nature conservancy, or plan a clothing drive to help the community while putting those old garments to good use.
- If you don't already recycle, be sure to go over the building's recycling plan in honor of Earth Day. It's easier than you might think to separate your glass, plastic and paper!
- Switch your bills to e-bills in order to cut down on paper waste. You might even find that it makes your monthly bill pay easier.
- Invest in a reuseable water bottle so that you can stop purchasing plastic disposable bottles.
- Update your lightbulbs with eco-friendly LED bulbs. These lightbulbs last longer and cut down on your energy use.
- Enjoy some time outdoors. One of the best ways to celebrate Earth Day is by going for a hike, talking a walk in the neighborhood or riding your bike to enjoy the green spaces in the area.