Deck the Halls at Dahlgren With These Easy Holiday Decorating Ideas
December 1, 2015
Looking for a way to decorate your home at Dahlgren for the holidays — without cutting in to your gift budget? There are many ways to fill your space with holiday cheer that only require more creativity and less cash. Here are just a few great decor ideas!
- Make your own wreaths. Making your own wreath is much easier than you might think. Pick up a base wreath made of Styrofoam or wood, or even start with a standard wire clothes hanger bent into the shape of a circle. Then, just cover with eucalyptus, pine branches, holly, or colorful berries.
- Fill vases with bulbs. If you have more bulbs and ornaments than you know what to do with, use them to fill clear vases for a quick centerpiece.
- Hang garland. Buy live pine garland in bulk and drape it all over every bare surface: doorways, shelves, and anywhere else that needs some cheer.
- Hang holiday cards. Use all of those cards that you get in the mail as decorations themselves. Use a removable putty to pin them to door frames, a wall, or even a bulletin board.
- Make your own votives. Spray cheap votive candles with snow-like craft spray or metallic gold paint to create a festive look that’s perfect for your holiday dinner.
How to Decorate for Christmas [WikiHow]
Simple Ways to Decorate for Christmas [Better Homes and Gardens]
24 Cheap Christmas Decorations You Can Make Yourself [Reader’s Digest]